At least once a week I try to cook a vegetarian meal for my family that they’ll actually eat. This easy vegetarian pasta with zucchini and mushrooms is consistently a hit!
It’s simplistic and will even please the pickiest of eaters. The great thing about this recipe is that you can add in any extra veggies you have hanging out in your fridge.
I serve this dish the same way I serve traditional spaghetti. We usually have our zucchini and mushroom vegetarian pasta with a side of garlic bread.
Check out my quick, easy recipe below. You can also swap out the zucchini with squash.
Vegetarian Pasta with Zucchini and Mushroom
- Spaghetti noodles
- Vegetable broth
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 Diced zucchini (large)
- 1/2 cup Diced white mushrooms
- 1 Diced bell pepper (any color)
- 1 jar Marinara sauce
- Seasoned salt
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes optional
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package instructions. (Be sure to add salt to the boiling water)
- Drain spaghetti noodles and set aside
- Add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of a large, deep skillet or large pot and bring to medium high heat.
- Add the bell pepper, zucchini and mushrooms to the pan. Add in your favorite seasoning salt and a pinch of black pepper. Stir occasionally until the vegetables are tender. Add in enough vegetable broth to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook for approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and marinara sauce to allow all ingredients to marry together. Taste and add extra seasoning salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Once sauce is done you can serve by combining the spaghetti noodles with the sauce in one pan. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top or serve on the side. Optionally you can swirl the spaghetti noodles into a plate or bowl and spoon the sauce on top.
All that’s left is for you to sit back and enjoy your healthy serving of Zucchini and mushroom vegetarian pasta! Let us know if you tried the recipe or swapped out any ingredients.